Thursday, December 08, 2005

POLITICS: Kibaki Chooses New Cabinet

President Mwai Kabiki released the names of those he had appointed to his cabinet in an address to the nation on Wednesday, December 7th, 2005.

"...As I said in my statement to you following the results, the people made their decision, which would be honoured by my government.

I am aware that although most voters rejected the proposed draft, the desire for a new constitution is still strong among Kenyans.

My Government is committed to achieving this objective, and will facilitate dialogue and consultations to lay the foundation for a legal framework for a new constitution. I take this opportunity to wish all those appointed the best of luck in their new assignments.

And I wish to remind them that they have been entrusted with a heavy national responsibility, so they must always be guided by the desire to place the nation above self..."

To read the speech, click here

Some of the key posts can be found here

No comments: